This post is one of several seed posts. It was originally presented during Town Hall May 21 by OP. This post can serve as a reminder and hook into various more specific topics, such as how we can provide certain guarantees using tools like cryptoeconomics.
Building from first principles
How can we support and enable…
- freedom of speech?
- secure and private messaging?
- secure and private transactions?
How can we build…
- open and decentralized systems?
- that are properly incentivized?
- and resistant to bad actors?
How can we encourage…
- users as stakeholders?
- a thriving ecosystem of contributors?
Example system litmus tests
- If all our servers disappeared tomorrow, how could Status still operate?
- What about if all core contributors disappeared?
Example user litmus tests
- Would Snowden use Status?
- 50-80% of folks at Devcon4 use Status daily?
- User with $1M in ETH trust Status?