One Q4 goal for DApps & developers is to collaborate with outside teams on more extensions use cases. We’d like to get feedback from other developers on the alpha product, while adding utility for Status users.
@jeluard + I spent some time today chatting with MakerDAO’s Rich, technical community manager, and Mariano, developer and head of Oracles (/back-end integrations).
The takeaway is that Mariano and Julien will spend some time exploring how to offer basic CDP management functions via chat commands during #cryptolife.
A few highlights from the discussion:
- #1 request from MakerDAO is the ability to send push notifications in scenarios where a CDP has become risky
Will extensions be whitelisted by Status? No, they’re totally permissionless, but we’ll provide information to the user about what exactly a particular extension is accessing. We may also create a
Trusted Developersprogram and whitelist specific developers.
Can we affect the UI? There’s no limitation on this and eventually should be a possibility. At the moment, developers are fairly boxed in by the one available
Is chat an interface that makes sense for interacting with a CDP? Essentially a 1:1 chat for each user would be required to support this kind of user : bot interaction. One option is to revive the
consolechat as a dedicated space for interacting with DApps. Eventually more customizable UI might make sense, a la WeChat mini apps.
Other ideas for MakerDAO
- Mini dash or alerting system for risky CDPs (PNs required)
- Dai savings wallet inside Status wallet
Timeline, takeaways, expectations
- Status to work on a sandbox environment for chat commands (e.g.
- Status to discuss possibility for push notification services in Prague
- Mariano to work on basic CDP management command during #cryptolife, ask questions, provide thoughts on next steps
- The ideal scenario is to have a polished MakerDAO extension executable in Status by end of (Status) Q4
- Feedback from MakerDAO is critical but Status will be heavily involved in the work
- Once complete, it would be great publish the news & reference the MakerDAO extension in Status developer docs