As you may have seen from @andre in the #core channel, unfortunately Dmitry N has moved on from Status. Finding a replacement is a priority - we’ve put together a draft job description (pasted below) but would like input from team members and contributors before we formalise and post.
- Please add suggestions for amendments/additions to the spec in the thread (or just a like if you think it looks good).
- We’d love referrals of folks you’ve worked with previously - we offer $5k of SNT to anyone that successfully refers a candidate (details here).
- We’ll do some paid advertising to find candidates, and are considering using staffing partners to fill the position - if you have recommendations of places to find Clojure developers please let me know.
Clojure Developer (remote)
Status is the gateway to the decentralised web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, currently in beta on Mobile and Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web. Keycard is a new type of smartcard built with an open API for simple integration with crypto wallets and hardware.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team of made up of 60+ core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
How will I impact Status?
As a Developer on the team, you’ll work closely with our Status Core App and Keycard teams to break ground on creating a secure crypto ecosystem. The integration between Status App and Keycard is an essential piece in creating an open, equitable, distributed payment network. You’ll help integrate a security hardened implementation of Keycard with our mobile wallet to allow sending, storing and receiving cryptocurrencies in a seamless contactless experience.
What will I do?
- Independently setting up to work with our code base. More info on building Status here and our most relevant repo here.
- Taking ownership of issues from the backlog.
- Communication with core contributors to align with code standards and practices (on GitHub).
- Communication with designers to clarify design specifications.
You should have:
- A passion for blockchain technology and decentralisation.
- Experience in Clojure and ClojureScript.
- Experience with React Native.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with Go.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 - $80,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location).