TL:DR - we’re planning another quarterly Engagement Survey. Ahead of that, we’re crowdsourcing your ideas about what you’d like to see in that survey
It’s soon time to launch another quarterly engagement survey to capture the pulse of Status through observations from core contributors.
We’ll deploy the survey by end of May (along with guidance on completing it), and will leave the survey open for responses until mid-June.
We’re proposing to follow the same question set and format (Google Form) as the Q1 engagement survey. The question set was:
- What should Status… start/stop/continue?
- How happy are you working at Status? [1-5 scale]
- Any comments, questions, or other feedback?
What do you think? Also, we’re interested to hear your thoughts on whether we might want to add a few additional questions related to hot topics, e.g.
- Meeting creep: “Do you have enough time to do your job”
- Accountability: “It is clear to me what is expected of me”
- Retention: “I plan to be at Status in 6 months”.
^ Those are just some suggestions to kick off the discussion, we’re open to hearing your ideas.
About the Google form format
We’ve been looking at other tools for capturing this kind of feedback, and fell in love with Peakon, however at ~$6k per year, we just couldn’t justify the cost. The Google form is not a sophisticated survey format, but if you’re happy to work with that then so are we.