Roadmap planning time!
We’ve just delivered release 1.2 with Waku mail nodes.
Our next two releases are tentatively scoped as follows:
- Group chats
- Dark mode
- New webview implementation
- Bug fixes including ENS registration being blocked when app is in French, public chats with unsafe characters created via deep link, browser input not being erased in new tab, etc.
- Push notifications for Android
- Image sending in chat
- Keycard integration in Status client (depending on QA—possibly later)
- Bug fixes TBD
We also have some exciting growth-oriented features implemented, and are awaiting bureaucratic blockers to resolve themselves before we can release.
Once that happens, those features will jump to the top of the queue, in terms of priority.
Beyond that, let’s discuss! I’d like to hear each team member’s viewpoint on what is important or imminently needs attention, from both a feature and maintenance perspective.
Would be great if we could hear thoughts from each person on:
- Feature ideas
I’ll post my own separately. To jog the team’s memory, these are some issues reported by you recently, which are awaiting prioritization:
- Pressing chat tab should go back to chat list
- QR codes don’t work for ENS names
- Too hard to find and share chat key
- Android app UI is slow when receiving new contacts
- Seed phrase input renders incorrectly on iPhone SE (user report actually)
You can also see the latest feature requests coming from status.im/feature-request on the appropriate column on Trello.