Now that we have launched an updates Status.im, we can start to introduce more content and pages around specific areas of focus including Research and SNT Utility.
We have been planning the information architecture and copy for an SNT Utility page ahead of the token economics and research which will be going out shortly.
Goals of the Page:
- Introduce SNT to interested people and new users to Status Community
- Raise awareness of all use cases and the utility it holds within the Status Network
- Raise awareness of research we are doing around the token models
- Serve has hub for Token Economic Research Campaign >> drive to appropriate status channels, workbooks, blog posts, etc
This pages can also serve in the linking strategy to specific DApps that leverage SNT - ENS DApp, Teller Network, dap.ps, voting dapp
Audience for the page is pretty wide ranging from new people in the community looking to learn more about the product and token, to investors, to economic researchers looking to learn more about our research efforts.
Feedback on V1 of designs and information architecture welcome. Looking for general feedback on:
- The type of information presented and the order in which we present it (copy is NOT final).
- General design and layout. I.e. do the abstract representations of each SNT feature work well?
- Linking strategy - I.E should we link to Github, Status Channel, and financial workbook for each SNT use case? Too much? Not enough?
** Please note - copy not final. Have not included all SNT use case designs and copy yet. Want to nail down direction first and then will produce remaining.
- The stylized “SNT token” feels off to me. feels a bit “shilly” to me. I almost prefer the Status Logo (which is also seen on exchanges to represent SNT)
- I feel like we should add a line of copy to description “See the White Paper”
P2: The Basics
- feels a bit flat to me and not very engaging. Perhaps with some animations and transitions, it could work to highlight the content more.
P3: Using SNT
- I like the abstract illustrative style for each feature. We don’t have enough UI shots right now and introducing a mix of UI and illustration will look odd
- Can we color code the “status” of each feature? Does that make sense - Blue = In Progress / Green = Live / Yellow = Research
- Needs to be more clear that you can toggle between use cases. either add arrows to tab through side to side or make more distinction between active and non active state.
- Each use cases will have an associated workbook. Need to account for that
- Teller network - will eventually need CTA to the DApp so please account for that
- ENS Name - The illustration should indicate fred.stateofus.eth
- Not sure how I feel about the token distribution here. Feels a bit out of place in context.
- Maybe we show some graph from the workbooks. Abstract representation of users > SNT in circulation > SNT locked in contracts >> Transactions >> Value IDK?
P5: Get Involved:
- The only one that doest fit well is bounties. Perhaps we need to be more clear for researchers to test models?