UPDATE: the newest version is now alpha.3, check the alpha.3 release post
We’re happy to announce the first alpha release of Desktop!
Please note that this version is an alpha meant for testing purposes by core contributors and the community. It’s not meant for real use and makes no claims of security or integrity of funds or data in these builds.
We plan to release every 1-2 weeks and this thread will include future updates. Please report issues/bugs in the #desktop channel or at https://github.com/status-im/nim-status-client/issues
mac users: on first run, you need to right click -> open (due to new apple requirements for notarization); if in the applications folder, then you need to manually open the folder, right click -> open
Windows: coming soon
- Ensure there is no existing status app running (like status-rn-desktop, ios simulator running status mobile, etc…)
- Ensure firewall is allowing the status app
- There is a known issue with an hang on app start that can happen due to communicating with a bad email server, this has been fixed but it’s not part of this release.
Some Highlights since proof of concept:
- Make app compatible with HDPI/4k screens
- updated fonts
- Show Contacts QR Code
- Display Collectibles for an account
- Improved login & wallet performance
- support enabling/disabling sections in advanced settings
- Fix icon on linux
- Add validations to various fields
- Support ctrl+enter on the chat input
- show ENS names
- show usernames in group chats
- support messaging formatting
- render icons for transaction list
- show human readable times instead of timestamps
- select sticker popup
- UI settings are saved (e.g sidebar width)
- login animation
- backup seed phrase option
- group chat: adding & removing members
- initial i18n support
If you are interested to contribute to Status Desktop please check out the new documentation, it includes overview, tutorials & guides.