With the number of various projects and initiatives growing, we are redesigning Status.im and need your input and help. We have outlined a basic information architecture based on the following goals:
- Up to date, transparent and honest source of information across all Status initiatives
- Communicate project principles and values
- Simple and immediate access to product lines
- Drive active participation and contribution at any level
The proposed architecture aims to democratize the various Status initiatives. We will have a persistent Global Navigation with easy access to each project with subsequent secondary navigations for deep linking to specific page content. Below is a proposed Top Nav and Secondary Nav structure. Ultimately, we will need each individual team to define the content for their page and take ownership of said content (i.e. Kim and Ola are working on the Incubate structure and copy now)
Status App - About / Features / Desktop / Docs / Blog / Contribute
Embark - About / Docs / Tutorials / Plugins / Templates / Blog / Contribute
Studio - About / Blog / Contribute
Incubate About / Offerings / Apply / Incubatees / Blog / Contribute
Nimbus - About / Docs / Blog / Contribute
Hardwallet - About / Docs / Blog / Contribute
Community - About / Jobs / Resources / Core Contributors
Call for Content:
The Status landing page will serve as a portal into the other initiatives. Therefore we need support and input on the information architecture and copy for each individual project. You can find an example copy deck here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ftt5zsvNkbUstt5xeCe8uRYyNdD9gbtYo127yOk8GH8/edit
There are a number of pages outside of the immediate Initiative pages which we need to account for. Pages listed below and can also be found in the high level architecture doc here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/16UDn8e9PGQukHNCrGogdt25AaElW9_DJNE8BUkcVsU8/edit#slide=id.g4005b25647_0_127
Designs are all in Figma and owned by Andrei and Hazel: https://www.figma.com/file/MHMQZfRpQZ6ScJYPYnsvquVY/Websites-v2?node-id=306%3A577
- Please provide feedback on the proposed architecture. If you feel anything is missing, please share here and we will be sure to incorporate into the site.
- Then, we need each team to identify the information architecture they want on their respective page
- Finally, please start a draft copy deck for your landing page.
Goal launch date is pre-devcon4.