Sounds good! Also gives a bit more to report on during Townhalls to keep things interesting for community members joining.
I’d suggest the weekly product development call to be replaced by the Strategy call. cc @jonathan @petty @iurimatias @cammellos @Simona @guylouis @Carly @AK87 @simonam
Over the last period there’s been this product development weekly call. Starting with Andre, Iuri and myself to align Mobile and Desktop. This has organically grown to a cross-functional alignment call; Usually including updates from Mobile, Desktop, Keycard, Security, Marketing legal. During this week’s call we discussed moving to bi-weekly as well as the purpose of the call. A bi-weekly strategy call seems to cover the needs (notes from Monday’s call):
- How is the call different from Townhall?
- It is different, but reporting is similar
- Coordination, on what’s starting, not what’s in progress or done
- More discussion, input and questions on work
- Alternative to keeping up with Discord
- Platform to discuss things that should not be documented (yet)
- How can we safeguard visibility to those not on the call?
- Not have the call; Improve async visibility
- Recap on Discord
- Rotate notetaking
- Disseminating by PD teamleads on call
- What would you say is the ideal frequency and duration?
- What things are we not doing that could help keep each other informed?
- Standups per team for example, or easier access to boards, more cross-pollinating among teams
- How can we make sure the call runs without an owner?
- Focus more on future planning